Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bottle Brush Tree Banners

Baby pic courtesy of a local ad (junk mail)









  WHOA!  Hold on there a minute.  Don't put up those bleached bottle brush trees just yet.  (See how to bleach trees here.)

I was sitting staring at my beauties sitting in a box ready to make the journey to the attic when I thought,  "Hey, some of those could be V-Day trees with a little help."

First I punched out some glitter hearts and strung them on baker's twine.  Just tied it around the tree. 

Voila! V-Day tree.












Well, I could do better than that!  Something banner-y.  I have pinned enough banners in the last several months.

So into the horror show of a craft stash to find washi tape and more baker's twine and mini pink jute and a Sharpie ...

You can use your imagination.


The first one was difficult to maneuver.









I quickly got the hang of these teensy banners.

Fold over the washi tape and cut it like a banner.

I did not even bring out the stamps - just wrote with a Sharpie.











 I think they are just the right touch for an anti-Valentine girl like me.

I can yanked the teensy-tiny banners off in less than a second.

Azalee, the cat, can do it faster. I know this from experience.

Willie and Scout (the dogs) ate a roll of washi tape each.  

Luckily it was the cheap, er, inexpensive kind from Target.












The sheep were the lucky ones who received the surviving trees.

Molly, the other cat, is sitting right behind the trees - guarding them  from attack.

Nobody messes with Molly -including Chucks and me.

It's her way or no way!

 



Look - the barn was decorated with a banner, too.




Enough silliness. It is very late - way, way past my bedtime.   At some point I need some great weather and some free hours to get back to painting furniture.  Maybe I will be normal then.  One can only hope.

See y'all!


Follow Me on Pinterest  . Photobucketvif187PhotobucketcraftionaryLadybird LnHomespun Happenings

Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialIt's OverflowingOne More Time EventsSweet Anne Designs - Sweet Sharing MondayMy Uncommon Slice of Suburbia The DIY Dreamer Green Willow Pond

15 comments:

  1. Very cute. I'm not so into the big day in February but I'm sure I can come up with another reason for making cute teeny tiny banners~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! So cute! Look how you're gettin your Valentine's on! I'm glad you gave the remaining trees to the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,Donna, I think you're using valentines as an excuse to make these cute little vignettes. They're all very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that first picture sure cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly you DO Valentine's day now. It's official. Or does it take three things to make it official? Either way, I think you are succumbing to it and with a high degree of crafty creativity. How jealous am I of this cool idea! What did Chucks say? Or did you do this behind closed doors and then go hide it in the truck? Love those little trees. I never got around to buying and bleaching any before Christmas, but luckily I can come by here and enjoy yours!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna; You are an absolute Riot!!! LOL!!!! You are so funny.
    You will have to tell poor Chucks that since you went to all of the troubles to make mini banners and all for the trees that you are expecting something for Valentines....LOL!!!
    As usual, Everything which you do looks so Beautiful!!!
    Take Care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna ... good that you could reuse your bleached trees for another season. Looks great with the old barn. I am sure Molly will have fun helping you take all that down before you are even ready.
    Audrey Z
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Donna! If I had made some of those fabulous trees of yours I'd want to keep them out all year. And I hear you about the furniture thing. I can't wait till Spring to get back outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea hanging the tiny banners on the trees. I think it looks festive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute idea! It's hard to believe that Valentine's Day is almost here. -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first pic is a HOOT!

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the banner's for the tree. We actually kept our tree up and decorated it for Valentine's Day. I am your newest GFC follower, and found you on via 'Whimsy Wednesday'. I hope you have a lovely day!
    Angie G.
    http://mycraftycollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet that is! I found through the link party at Green Willow Pond. Love the bottle brush trees, I've been wanting to make some of them, just never seem to get around to it. This post makes me want to go get started right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are too cute and funny! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so CUTE Donna!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality last week!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!