Saturday, February 16, 2013

Keys To Peace, Love And . . .

The keys to peace, love, and _____.  How would you fill in the blank?  Think about that - I have my answer.

These are key fobs for those of you like me who constantly lose their keys.

I swear I have to put them right on top of my pocketbook each time I come in the house or they go missing for days.




One night while playing around with some of my torn cotton ribbons, I found one of my sets of keys in my work box.  (Yes, there are several!) How they got there, I do not know.



Since I had some lengths of ribbon just sitting there, I picked up a piece and tied it on the keyring.  PRESTO!  A light bulb lit up over my head.  (The old incandescent one.)  Why not make key fobs?


Well, you know me and my extensive collections of everything under the sun.  I have hundreds of keys and key blanks.  I took a handful out to the painting screens and using Rust-Oleum spray paint in Sweet Pea and Heirloom White, I painted the keys front and back.

On the white keys, I got out an all-over curlicue stamp and permanent black ink and just stamped away.  I left the pink ones pink because everyone knows you are always pretty in pink.


Of course, keys need key tags.  Yes, I had those in my stash, too.

Remember my word is LESS this year.  I am trying to use up Horror Monster, the affectionate name for my craft supply stash.

Out came the letter stamps.  I stamped PEACE on one side and LOVE on the other after painting the tag a sage green.






 I attached pink calico ribbons to the black and white keys.













 





Then tied on the key tags with the ribbon.

PEACE received a star.  LOVE received an asterisk.  There is always some extra something attached to LOVE.  Right?



On the pink keys I attached the key tag to the key and then tied the ribbon (turquoise calico this time).  This was much better, but I was not going to untie all the pink ribbons to change the other set of keys.



So, the key to peace, love, and <blank>.  How do you fill it in?  The easiest answer would be the old standard "rock-n-roll".

Or you might want to go with "charity".

Or "family".

Or "faith".

You be the judge.







As for me, I am going with peace, love, and happiness.  Because I am truly happy I can now find my keys!

Peace out, you 60's babes!

See y'all!



Follow Me on Pinterest  . One More Time EventsSweet Anne Designs - Sweet Sharing Monday Someday I'll Learn The DIY DreamerFluster Buster Green Willow Pond Ivy and ElephantsPhotobucketbuttoncraftionaryPhotobucketFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialIt's Overflowing

13 comments:

  1. OMG.....I love this idea.....what a neat gift for someone special these would make....thanks for sharing.
    Deborah
    www.threedawgladydesigns.blogspot.comm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna these are brilliant - beautiful and brilliant!!!
    Like their maker :)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. Most great ideas are born of a need. You have answered your own problem with style! Peace, love and craftiness. That's what it should be, for you anyway!
    Liz @ Quirky Vistas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this idea! I have some keys I've kept for sentimental reasons and this is a great way to use them. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your keys are wonderful! How fun! You are so creative!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna . . . I love keys and have a small box full . . . and I'm always looking for an idea for using them . . . thanks for the lovely inspiration :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off the charts charm - LOVE these! You are a girl after my own heart! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven and say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just love this idea, I never would have thought to paint and stamp on the keys! I'll definitely try this and add some to my tags. Thanks for the inspiration! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you, Found you through LINK IT UP THURSDAY

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! I love old keys too! Thanks for sharing at The Gunny Sack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your key fobs are so darling! I'm really digging (60's lingo) the white ones with the swirl design. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!